Annual change from chloramines to chlorine. Click here for FLUSHING NOTICE.

How do I start service?

Come to our office at a 814 West Helm Street in Brookfield and fill out the water-user agreement and leave your deposit ($100) and reconnect fee ($100). Call our office at 660-258-5606 with any questions.

How can I terminate service?

Call our office at 660-258-5606 with the date you that you would like the final reading to be done. The final bill will be taken out of your deposit and the remainder returned.

How do I read my meter?

You do not need to read your meter as in the past. New meters have been installed and are read monthly by radio-read. You will receive a bill in the mail. Click here to see a sample bill.

If you would like to read your meter you read the numbers left to right. You will pay only on hundreds meaning last two digits are zero. Click here to see a photo of a sample meter.

How do I determine whether I have a leak?

Your water meter can help you determine whether you have inconspicuous leaks.

  1. Turn off all faucets and water-consuming appliances.
  2. Some meters have a triangle on the dial face, which turns with low water flow. After turning off all water if this is still flowing it is a sign that you could have a water leak.

Even if your meter did not show any signs of leaks in your home, it’s still a good idea to periodically check for leaks. Start with your toilets and faucets.

How do I pay my bill?

You may drop-off your cash or check at our office or by mail:

Public Water Supply
814 West Helm Street
Brookfield, MO 64568

Bill is due on the first of the month, delinquent on the 15th, terminated the following first of the month. Reconnect fee is $100.00 plus your entire balance and can only be reconnected during working hours.

What if I have water problems after hours?

Call 660-258-5606

What do I do if my water is discolored?

If your water is discolored do not drink or wash clothes. Call 660-258-5606 to report this problem.